Anyone who gets a glimpse of the sparkling lake and mature trees draped with Spanish moss in Fruitland Park will be captivated by its otherworldly beauty. The tranquil and welcoming atmosphere will make you want to stay for good.
The city calls itself “The Friendly Town” and this is no exaggeration. A strong sense of community pervades Fruitland Park with opportunities to socialize such as fun runs and outdoor film screenings taking place throughout the year.
A wonderful selection of homes in this family-friendly city also lets residents experience the best of lakefront living in Florida.
Fruitland Park is one of Central Florida’s most desirable communities and consistently ranks among the Sunshine State’s healthiest housing markets.
The housing stock consists mostly of single-family homes and mobile homes, some of which command breathtaking views of a lake. Vacant lots are also available.
It’s common for Fruitland Park homes to have granite counters, vaulted ceilings, and skylights, and occupy spacious lots populated by fruit-bearing trees.
Attractions and amenities
Some of the city’s highlights include:
- Lake Griffin State Park. At 620 acres, the park is filled with magnificent oak trees, some of which are hundreds of years old. Spend the day observing native flora and fauna, hiking, and picnicking. There are about 40 campsites shaded by mature oaks, as well as clean restrooms and laundry facilities.
The park gives you access to the gleaming surface of Lake Griffin by way of the Dead River Marsh. Feel free to go kayaking or fishing from the docks for largemouth bass, speckled perch, and bluegill that populate the lake.
- Cales Field. Home to the city’s water tower, Cales Field has picnic areas and baseball and softball fields, along with a walking path and a playground. A concession stand can also be found here, and clean restrooms are available.
- Gardenia Park Recreation Complex. Here you’ll find a soccer and softball field, a handball court, a walking trail, and a sheltered pavilion. There’s also a skateboard park with ramps and grind rails, and a pool where you can relax.
- Veterans Memorial Complex. This park borders a gorgeous lake. Admire views of the water from the park’s walking trail or the scenic fishing pier. Play ball at any of the sports courts, or have some snacks with friends at the picnic area.
- Fruitland Park The local library offers more than 38,000 books, magazines, audio books, CDs, and DVDs, along with 14 computers and Wi-Fi connection. Socials like mahjong night, Lego Club, and knitting sessions take place regularly.
- Rae Rae’s. Blueberry biscuits, brownies, French toast, and patty melts are just some of the scrumptious offerings at this restaurant. Dig in and savor the warmth of home-style cooking.
- Excellent food, outstanding service, and an elegant atmosphere make Stavros a local favorite. Chicken marsala, shrimp scampi, and meat ravioli are just some of the dishes on offer.
If you want Fruitland Park to be your next home, call Morris Realty and Investments at (352) 435-4663 or send an email to [email protected].
Homes For Sale in Fruitland Park:
The data relating to real estate displayed on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of Stellar MLS. All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified. Listing information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.