Nestled among three splendid lakes, Tavares is filled to the brim with amenities, including a splash park, a burgeoning entertainment district, and a vibrant waterfront on Lake Dora. This makes the city ideal for those who prefer a low-key but leisurely lifestyle.
The scenic waterways of the Harris Chain of Lakes gives over 15,000 residents easy access to the neighboring communities of Leesburg, Lady Lake, and Eustis, among others.
Known as “America’s Seaplane City” for the public-use seaplane base that can be found here, Tavares continues to attract families, retirees, and anyone in search of a wonderful place to call home.
Tavares Fl Real Estate
The housing stock is fairly new, with most homes having been built sometime after 1990. It consists primarily of single-family homes, mobile homes, and condos. Vacant waterfront lots are also available.
Tavares homes often have 3 to 5 bedrooms, and typical features include hardwood floors, walk-in closets, and stone counters. Outdoor spaces such as spacious foyers, screened patios, and landscaped front yards are a common sight.
Waterfront homes are situated along canals that lead to the famed Harris Chain of Lakes. These homes give you direct access to the water, as well as gorgeous views of the water’s surface.
There are a number of 55+ communities in the city, all of which boast exclusive amenities and a great selection of single-level homes with water or golf course views.
Attractions and amenities
There are many ways to unwind in Seaplane City. Play your favorite sport, go kayaking, dine at a waterfront restaurant, or simply appreciate Tavares’s natural beauty.
- Wooton Park. Here you’ll find the seaplane base and marina that the city is known for. Boat slip rentals are available, as well as pavilions and gazebos that may be reserved for private events and social gatherings.
- Children’s Splash Park. Open from April to December, the splash park features water slides, a short zip line, and other fun structures that are sure to delight kids. Most of the area is shaded by mature trees, and the nearby playground gives kids another option when they get tired of frolicking in the water.
- Fred Stover Sports Complex. This ADA-accessible complex boasts four lighted ball courts, batting cages, and dugouts. Enjoy a friendly match and then have snacks at the concession stand afterwards.
- Aesop’s Park Vegetable Garden. Tavares’s “community backyard” has provisions for vegetable gardens, play areas for dogs, and a gleaming pond. You can lease individual plots for a nominal fee and grow your own produce.
- Pavilion on the Lake. This 2-story building overlooks Lake Dora and is a fantastic venue for weddings, corporate events, and family reunions. Glass window walls, a winding staircase, and an entrance lined with gas street lamps create an elegant and charming atmosphere.
- Downtown Tavares. Head downtown to satisfy your craving for Italian, Mexican, and Japanese cuisine. You’ll also find an array of shops that sell souvenirs, sports gear, antiques, and memorabilia.
If you want to experience the best that Tavares has to offer, call MMorris Realty and Investments at (352) 435-4663 or send an email to [email protected].
Homes For Sale in Tavares FL
The data relating to real estate displayed on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of Stellar MLS. All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified. Listing information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.