Nestled among the splendid lakes of Lake County, Leesburg will captivate you the moment you set foot on its stunning terrain. Along with its postcard-perfect scenery, it has retained its small town vibe and tranquil atmosphere despite its proximity to Florida’s major cities.
Well-regarded schools, topnotch healthcare, and a thriving downtown make Leesburg a wonderful place to live. Just ask over 22,000 residents who’ve come here to set down roots.
Located 45 miles northwest of Orlando and about 15 minutes southeast of The Villages and Ocala, the community is bordered by the towns of Tavares, Fruitland Park, Eustis, Grand Island, and Mount Dora.
Leesburg FL Real Estate
Leesburg has one of the healthiest housing markets in the Sunshine State based on home values, ease of sale, average number of years residents spend in homes, and costs of home ownership.
Residents have much to gain from the local housing market’s affordability, stability, fluidity and relatively low risks. It’s fairly easy to sell a home without losing money in the long run.
The housing stock is comprised of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. Parcels of land are also available, along with commercial properties.
Homes typically have screened courtyards, vaulted ceilings, kitchen islands, and walk-in closets. Some offer breathtaking golf course views.
There are a number of active adult communities in the area, where retirees can look forward to elegant, move-in ready homes and upscale amenities.
Attractions and amenities
Residents enjoy countless opportunities for outdoor recreation in Leesburg. Among its notable attractions are:
- Harris Chain of Lakes. The community gives you access to the famed Harris Chain of Lakes, which spreads across the towns of Leesburg, Mount Dora, Eustis, and Tavares. The chain is made up of eight lakes which are ideal for boating and fishing for bass.
- Lake Wales Ridge Hills. Go for a walk or a hike at the scenic trails that can be found here. At approximately 100 feet above sea level, the Lake Wales Ridge Hills span about 150 miles and are populated by a variety of flora and fauna.
- Venetian Gardens. This garden complex features a series of islands and a ski beach. There’s also a swimming pool and bathhouse on the grounds.
- Go on a tour of the canals surrounding Leesburg. Admire breathtaking views of the water, and shoot the breeze with friends and family on a chartered boat.
- Magnolia Trail. Here you’ll find exercise equipment and a loop that spans nearly a mile. Get a good workout and stay on top of your fitness routine in this site.
- Leesburg Art Festival. Local and national artists get a chance to showcase and sell their work every March at the vibrant downtown area. A jury awards cash prizes to stand-out entries, while attendees have the opportunity to purchase artwork directly from artists.
- Historic downtown. Come for walking and biking tours of Leesburg’s historic downtown. A fine selection of boutiques and restaurants that serve Thai, Japanese, and American cuisines is also available.
If you think Leesburg is for you, call Morris Realty and Investments at (352) 435-4663 or send an email to [email protected].
Homes For Sale in Leesburg FL[blogurl]/contact
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.