Life is short, and there’s no better way to spend it than basking in the Florida sunshine. Here at The Villages, you’re just one golf car ride away from movie theaters, boutiques, restaurants, and lavish recreation centers.
At about 20,000 acres, this gated 55+ community spans three counties, making it one of the largest in the world. Over 100,000 retirees, known as “Villagers,” call this idyllic place home.
Located about 60 miles from Orlando and just off US 301, “Florida’s Friendliest Hometown” welcomes you with open arms as you get ready for the best years of your life.
The Village Florida Real estate
The Villages is envisioned to have more than 50,000 home sites once it’s completely built. It was hailed by Forbes Magazine as the country’s fastest growing town with a population of under 100,000 from 2007 to 2010. As testament to its desirability, 55 homes were sold within the first eight days of its opening.
The housing stock consists primarily of single-story single-family homes. There’s a good mix of new homes and pre-owned homes, all of which are finely crafted and situated near the community’s upscale amenities.
Many of these homes command scenic views and are ideal for entertaining guests. High-end appliances, maple cabinetry, and solar tube lighting are common features.
The villages here can have as many as 100 to 1,550 homes. The largest of these is Village Duval.
Attractions and amenities
Residents don’t need to go far from home for some much-deserved fun and relaxation.
- Neighborhood Recreation Centers. There’s a Neighborhood Recreation Center in each village, where you’ll find services for errands and everyday needs, including ATMs and a postal area. You’ll also find well-appointed facilities to play horseshoes, bocce, and shuffleboard, as well as a swimming pool. Run errands with ease, or enjoy a friendly match with neighbors.
- Village Recreation Centers. The community’s Village Recreation Centers take casual elegance to another level with sleek indoor facilities like billiards rooms, meeting rooms, and well-equipped kitchens. Residents also have exclusive access to outdoor amenities like family pools, horseshoe pits, and several sports courts.
- Regional Recreation Centers. Sports pools ideal for aerobics, water exercises, water volleyball, and swimming laps can be found here, along with fitness centers, pottery facilities, and large venues where musical and theatrical productions are regularly staged.
- Golf courses. Residents receive lifetime membership in The Villages’ highly regarded championship country clubs such as the Arnold Palmer Legends and Nancy Lopez Legacy Country Club – at no additional cost. Wide fairways, pristine greens, and panoramic views await.
- Town Squares. Modern movie theaters and a dazzling array of shopping and dining options are available at the community’s old-fashioned town squares, namely, Spanish Springs Town Square, Lake Sumter Landing Market Square, and Brownwood Paddock Square.
- Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center. Experience quality entertainment through the center’s state-of-the-art audio and stage rigging systems, and a seating capacity of over 1,000.
Musicals like “Mamma Mia” and “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” have been staged here, while world-renowned entertainers have stunned audiences at the center.
If you’re looking for the perfect home, call Morris Realty and Investments at (352) 435-4663 or send an email to [email protected].
The Villages Homes for Sale
The data relating to real estate displayed on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of Stellar MLS. All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified. Listing information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.